Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Finally Out!

Last night after dinner Daddy pulled out that little bottom tooth that has been hanging by a thread for a couple of weeks. Gwen was so surprised to have it out! Once the tiny bit of bleeding stopped, she couldn't get enough of putting her tongue in the hole and talking about how surprised her friends at school would be.

The tooth fairy, who's identity she wondered at greatly last night ("Is it a doctor, Mom? I think it's small. Maybe an angel or a fairy."), came clear to her this morning when she looked at the little bitty bag under her pillow containing 5 coins, a few fake jewels, and one tiny seashell, then looked at me and said, "Is it you, Mom?"

Yep, it's me, I admitted. But later today she asked why the tooth fairy couldn't come and I had left the little bag of treats for her! I guess I thought she had figured out more than she had. We had a good discussion about how fun it is to pretend there is a tooth fairy, but that it's really Mommy. We'll see what she remembers about our conversation when the next tooth falls out!

6 comments:

Hazel's mom said...

Congratulation, brave girl!

Sarah Jane said...

I like your new tooth!
(says Alyssa)
Maybe a helicopter dropped the bag under your pillow!
(from Caden)

Anonymous said...

The first tooth falling out is a step of life! I told Caden and he had to stop our conversation to tell his mom! Mom

Christie said...

The fun of childhood!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute. I love you.

Nannie

Anonymous said...

Gwen ~ Maggi says "Hooray! and good job!" You look so pretty in that picture! Love, Aunt Jenna