Monday, October 19, 2009

Late Afternoon Pastime

Recently the girls and I made our way back to a little park I described in a post about a month ago. This time I had a camera! As before, the park was alive with activity. I especially enjoyed the scene of all these older gentlemen looking into the sky at their kites. What are retired men in the USA doing most afternoons around four o'clock? I'm guessing not too many are flying kites... but who knows, maybe it will catch on. :-)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....A place where an old cliche is not offensive. How cool! I think McDonalds holds all the kite strings at four oclock in the states. Great Pictures! Thanks for opening another window in your day.

Andrew

Christie said...

I love the expression on the brown shirt wearing man in the first photo. The reels of line are incredible! I wonder if the have kite clubs there like here retired men sometimes have model train clubs? Very interesting. Thanks for the post.

park it said...

I love to fly kites - I of course have to wait my turn - after my small child :-)

..are you done yet..can I play...MT TURN!!!!!