Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Math Fact

It is difficult to teach the home school math curriculum's lesson on counting money when one does not have any United States currency.

I thought I had some, but when I checked the cash that was set aside in that little pouch, I found that it was Hong Kong money. No good.

I resorted to writing "25" on post-it notes to represent quarters. Not quite the same, and tricky for an eight year old who's real life experience with counting US money in the past year and a half has been minimal.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

If you can postpone the lesson, you can get some in a couple of weeks! Yay!

Anonymous said...

I can let you have some of my play money. We don't use all of it. I also have some money cards that we are not using. I will bring it on Friday. Lisa