Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grandma's Grandchildren


Here are my brother and sister and my cousins and I, all my grandma's grandchildren, before her 100th birthday party on Saturday. Doesn't she look beautiful?! It was such a blessing to be with all these people that I love, celebrating with Grandma.

Guests at the party were given a scroll that had some of Grandma's favorite scriptures on it. This one, which was also read aloud in the short service our family had together before the party, seems so fitting for Grandma's life.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of rghteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day-- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing. II Timothy 4: 7, 8
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does look wonderful for 100! I am glad you were able to go. I know that was special for the girls to see a testimony of God's faithfulness in one person's life. She must have honored her parents and heavenly Father her whole life to live that long!!!
Lisa

Lana said...

BEAUTIFUL! How long were you in the states? What seemed like a super fast trip!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of your grandmother with her grandchildren. So happy that you and the girls were able to make the 100th party! I so enjoyed visiting with you and getting to know your girls just a wee bit.
Jeannie in Albuquerque

Laura said...

Precious picture Lynne! What a legacy she has left. She is STILL a beautiful woman!!! Sure doesn't look 100!

Anonymous said...

What a life.
When your grandmother was born the life expectancy was only 47. Teddy Roosevelt was president and women couldn't vote.
What a gift to spend this day with her.

Andrew