Thursday, November 06, 2008

Braces!


Well, Seth has the metal in his mouth now. He's actually had it for several months already, in the form of an expander on the roof of his mouth that we crank every other night to slowly make more room for those top teeth. But today he got the bottom braces on. He didn't eat much for dinner, but so far he's not complaining. The top brackets will be applied once a couple of the top teeth have grown in a little more... maybe next month.

**Update~ by this evening Seth was "in a world of hurt", as Justin would say. He tried many tactics to take his mind off the pain in his mouth, including making various funny noises and shaking his head. After a couple of tylenol, he was able to sleep. I remember this pain...

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth, way to go buddy! Finding ways to deal with the pain! I'm proud of you. I am told that it eases up a bit. Grandma

Anonymous said...

I remember it well, also....

Seth, I had the "pallet spliter" as it was then called, and it was painful! Stick with the good attitude! That smile of yours is awesome!!

Mrs. Kneebusch

Sarah Jane said...

It'll get better. I remember this pain as well - and it doesn't last too long!

The Bowman Blog said...

Lynne--so good to see pics of your family--looks like all is well in Shanghai! You all are missed! How is your school year going? (other than US money :) Wish I could send you some coins--I actually do have a couple of pretend money kits... do you still need some?

Aimee

Anonymous said...

Since your my friend I shouldn't but
HA HA SUCKER!
Nicole