Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yangshuo Faces

Love the contrast of these two beautiful faces... This older gentleman bargained happily with the girls for the items in his little basket. We were in a very old village here, where we landed at the end of our kayaking trip.

We couldn't get over the way this little girl's ponytails stuck straight up!
We passed this older man on the path in his village that we walked through to get to our climbing site. China Climb has an agreement with this village, that they provide some funding to help schools and such in return for allowing them to walk through the village to get to the climbing area with clients.

5 comments:

Jennifer J said...

Loved those pictures, Lynne!

Regina said...

Lynne,
I love your blog!! I hope you don't mind but I just tagged you. You can visit my blog to see the rules.
Blessings to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Lynne,
I really enjoy the type of pictures you take and even more the remarks you add on them. I tend to take pictures of people not so much places but you combine the two very nicely. I loved the picture of the gradma carrying her grandchild.
Love,Maribel

Sarah Jane said...

Cool pictures.

Mary Beth said...

Lynne,
I hope it is OK, but I found your blog, too through a mutual friend and tagged it. If you would rather I not, please let me know. Feel free to add mine. See you around at church. These pictures are so touching. I have a heart for those in China, too. Blessings, Mary Beth