Thursday, October 09, 2008

On the Street

Some scenes from the pedestrian streets in Yangshuo~
Seth had his face painted on a t-shirt for something like 30 RMB. It wasn't an exact likeness, but the guy did a pretty good job.

Lots of little open air places to eat like this one. Fun to be able to watch what is happening on the street while we dine!Loved this collection of distance signs... no US destinations, but Toronto is pretty far from Yangshuo!
Karsts always looming in the background.
Browsing through the many booths... we got some Beijing 2008 t-shirts for a good price!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynne,
The karsts are just amazing. I have never seen anything like that. By the way, would love to see a picture of Seth's t-shirt with his likeness on it.
Beth

Donna said...

Looks like fun!

Donna

Kristen said...

Your pictures are so fascinating! We love seeing and hearing about your experiences.

Heather said...

Lynne,
I hope you don't mind (please let me know if you do) but I have written a post about your family on my blog. I have followed your blog and quite honestly, been in awe of you, for a few years. Your recent hiking/biking/climbing trip just sent me over the edge! What an amazing adventure your family is having. Maybe one day we can follow in your footsteps.
Sincerely,
Heather O.
www.dragonsandelephants.blogspot.com