Sunday, April 13, 2008

She Can Do It!


Gwen has been patiently waiting for the day when we would get out Madelyn's old bike for her to ride. I imagined that we would put the training wheels on for a while, but given her track record of amazing large motor skills, coordination, and balance, Scott thought we should just let her try to ride right away. Today was the day, and she was amazing! By the time I got in the elevator behind Scott and Gwen and got outside with my camera, she was already off and riding!

Scott taught the other three kids to ride on the baseball fields near our house, and liked that method because it's a softer fall than concrete. The field outside our apartment has very short grass, so it worked well for Gwen today.

There is a slight grade to the lawn, so big sister helped by running the bike up for Gwen to ride down.


She's pretty pleased!


After a while on the grass, she was anxious to try on the concrete. She had no trouble, and was happy to have all of us there to watch her.

Success... how sweet it is!

7 comments:

park it said...

Way to go GWEN!!! What a big girl!
Love Kimberly

Donna said...

Hey! I was gonna say "Way to go, Gwen!"

We're getting our Gwen and Maddy 2 wheel bikes for their birthday this summer.

I love the thumbs up pic! Our Gwen always does that (not sure where she learned it -- maybe she's been reading your blog when I'm not looking?)

Donna

Anonymous said...

Way to go Gwen!!! That's wonderful :o)

Kayce said...

Yeah Gwen!!! You look like a professional bike rider already!

Sarah Jane said...

How cute - I love the last picture. She is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm a former co-worker of Scott's from E&Y Cleveland and check your blogg a couple of times a month. You do such a nice job!

This entry brought a smile to my face today. I can't believe how quickly Gwen learned to ride the bike. Remind Scott of this once she need to learn how to drive a manual stick shift car. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a little ;-) I enjoyed the action shots and the thumbs up pic is "priceless".

Hope all is well with you and your family. God bless you all!

sarah said...

These pictures are great!

Who taught her how to wink while giving the thumbs up?!?