Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pulled

Bedtime.

One is on the couch with a fever, needing Tylenol and comfort.

One is needing a little extra prodding and discipline to actually remain in quietly in bed rather than calling for Mommy fifteen times with various requests.

One is seeming a little unsettled, needing extra snuggles and reassurance and back rubbing.

One wants to me to come sit with him to watch one more of his recently filmed skate videos.


You can probably peg each of my children from these descriptions of their bedtime needs tonight. How about yourself? Can you identify with the continual process of dying to your own needs in order to meet the needs of others? All I wanted to do was look at my pictures from our weekend at the beach... it took such a long time tonight to get to the point where I could. I know the day is coming where I'll be mourning the empty nest.

Or will I be basking in it?!

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

probably both at different times.