Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's Home

I guess China is home, at least for now.

I had wondered how we would all feel about leaving our families and all that is familiar in the the Midwest. I am happy to say that after many hours of travel, we are so thankful to be back in Shanghai. Mr. Wu's smiling face at the airport was such a wonderful sight, as was his assistance with the 500 pounds of luggage that we checked. All the Asian faces and signs in Chinese characters even felt familiar and welcome. Getting into our apartment after so many hours of economy seating on the airplane felt so good... it was definitely a home coming. The girls were thrilled to be with their kitties again. We have massive unpacking to do, and definite jet lag challenges ahead. I have lots of pictures from our Christmas visit to post. All that will come. Sadness from leaving those we've loved all our lives many miles behind us will come too, I think.

But for now we're home again, and ready to sleep in our own beds.

3 comments:

Kayce said...

Happy New Year Lynne! Glad you are all "home" safe and sound!

park it said...

Look at you getting fancy - and changing the time clock! Go Girl!

Anonymous said...

On a fluke, I found your blog! Hey Liptaks! It's Jonathan Potts. My home email is bigdaddypotts@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you. God bless you all. You have a beautiful family! Hope to hear from you soon.

-Jonathan