Sunday, October 02, 2005

Crib, Picture and Waiting

Madelyn and I put the crib together this afternoon. I ironed the dust ruffle and we put that on. Then came the mattress with it's cute flowered sheet, then the bumper pad, which I very much doubt we will need but it's just so cute. I added some pillows and stuffed animals and then the quilt, folded up at one end of the crib. I stood up the white wooden letters that spell out Gwen's name against the bumper pad~ they will be hung on the wall once we decide for sure which wall the crib will go on.

While we we working on this, Madelyn said, "When we get Gwen's picture, let's take it with us everywhere." I had actually already thought about this, how I will want to have it with me at all times, maybe even tape it to the dashboard in the car. I asked Madelyn who she would show it to, and she said cashiers and neighbors. So, both those who know we're adopting and those who don't.

Just now, Madelyn and her friend Sarah from down the street went into Madelyn's (and Gwen's) room to play. Sarah exclaimed about the crib, and right away Madelyn said, "That's for my sister. We're going to get her picture this week, maybe even tomorrow."

I hope it's tomorrow... it has to be this week at least, because we will take the last link from what was once a long chain off the wall tonight! Once that link is gone, it's time for us to see her face!

No comments: