Monday, October 03, 2005

Cold Water

"Like cold water to a weary soul
is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25

Today we received wonderful news from a distant land... the Sichuan province of China, to be exact! Our daughter, Wang Yu, is waiting for us there! She was born on March 14, 2004, making her almost 19 months old. From the height and weight stats we got, she sounds tiny... she was 17 pounds in August, when she was 17 months old. Sharon at our agency said she could make out lots of hair in the picture, but she had a faxed copy that she faxed to Scott's office and then he emailed me~ the resulting copy was too dark for me to see her face at all. I could see faintly a sleevless, light colored top with little flowers scattered on it, and it appears to be a wicker chair that she is sitting in. Tomorrow, tomorrow, TOMORROW we will see her pictures when we get the overnighted package with the hard copies of our referral. Will I sleep at all tonight?!

I took my phone with me this afternoon... we had to go out for Seth's orchestra rehearsal. We dropped him off, bought some birdseed, and then headed to the Naperville library to hang out while we waited for Seth. I actually took the list of questions I had printed out to ask when the referral call came into the library with me, just in case. I read to Madelyn, helped Caleb with some research for a history project... no call. I realized after we left the library that I'd left the question list there somewhere. When we got home, I checked the messages... two from Sharon at Children's Hope!!! I started to shake. Then I checked email.. two messages from Sharon, one saying that Today Is The Day, She's Here! I tried to print a new list of questions to ask, but couldn't seem to make it work, probably because I was still shaking! I finally called Sharon and the first thing she said was, "She's beautiful!"

I know she is. How could she not be? She's our girl, and she's coming home soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! She's just about Maggi's age too. I can't wait to meet her!!

--BRAD

Rebecca said...

JOY!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect verse - am so teary and happy. Can't wait to hear more.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your "little feather." I thought that the meaning of her name was so precious! Our God says that He "covers us with His feathers and shelters us with His wings." Your daughter definately comes straight from the hands of our Almighty God...a feather from His nest!

--Sara Jane

Anonymous said...

Liptaks, this is such a great application of the cool water verse! Lynne, it seemed to pour cool water on your spirit and being such a peace! Mom