Thursday, September 22, 2005

Two Girls

My sister Sarah found out yesterday that she will give birth to a GIRL at the beginning of February! Madelyn did a jumping dance down the hallway when she found out, shouting to Seth and Caelb, "It's a girl, it's a girl!" She also declared that the baby's name should be Lexi, after Aunt Sarah told her they hadn't decided on a name yet.

This morning as I walked I thought about my sister's daughter, whom we've never seen, and whose name we don't know yet. We do, however, know exactly where she is! The daughter Scott and I are waiting for we have never seen, and although we've chosen a name for her, she has one already and we don't know it. We know she lives in China, but that is a vast place... who knows where she is among the billion poeple who live there?

We will find out about this little daughter soon... I'm trying not to count down days, though, since we don't know a certain day yet when this life chnging phone call with our daughter's information will come. We think we know that it will be very soon. In a way, this is not unlike the last weeks of a pregnancy. We know Sarah's due date, but we don't know when we will actually see the face of the little Davis girl.

But we know Someone who knows both of these little girls inside and out, and He has His eye on them. In fact, He's holding them in His hand. I'm SO glad they are in His care!

I can't wait to meet them both!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Two girls! How nice for Madelyn, how nice for Gwen, how nice for Sarah's baby. It will be wonderful.