Sunday, September 25, 2005

One left

In April the kids and I made a paper chain to count down the weeks until we would find out who Gwen is. At the time I wasn't sure exactly when our referral call would come... I thought it could be the end of August, but since I didn't know for sure, I counted the weeks until then and then added in a few more for good measure. Seth and Madelyn cut and taped to create a very long chain. We hung it high on the wall in Madelyn's room, next to her closet. I stood on a chair to attach it to the wall near the ceiling, and the end dragged on the ground. Every Sunday night since then we have removed one link. Sometimes the kids argued about who's turn it was to take it off. Slowly the end rose from the floor, but the time to get to the end of the chain still seemed a long way off. A few times when we've returned from being away, the kids have forgotten to remove a link to catch up, but I've left that week's link on anyway, just so we wouldn't run out of links before our referral came.

Today is Sunday. There are two links left. Madelyn and I discussed on the way home from church that we would take one off today, and then there would only be one left. I wonder if we'll need the last link. Will the referral call and precious FedEx package with pictures of our girl come this week? Or maybe we'll still be waiting next Sunday, and the last link will be removed before we see her face.

Bring on the week!

No comments: