Sunday, October 30, 2011

Peasant Painting Village

One day last week while Ruth was here, we went on an outing with a group of my friends to a peasant painting village outside of Shanghai.  The brightly colored, folksy Chinese paintings are created here, often by several generations of artists in the same family.

 
Many of the buildings in the village and in the larger neighboring town had the cheerful peasant paintings rendered in a larger scale on the outside of them. 
Can you pick us out in the painting on the building below?  
We fit right into the scene, don't you think?
 



 Neither Ruth nor I could resist purchasing one of these happy works of art for sale by the artists in the village.  They will be a fun reminder for us both of the great week we shared!  Below we are posing with the artist of the paintings we bought. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a whimsical look! I love the way you all posed in front of the painted building! Mom

Kristen said...

Oh my I wish I could have been there with you! I would've loved shopping there! What fun!