Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Exploring Ancient Angkor

 This week we are in Siem Reap, Cambodia, for the October holiday.  It's a place I've wanted to see for several years, and I keep pinching myself and thanking the Lord for the gift of having our family here.  These structures were built between 800 and 1200 AD by the Khymer people.  It feels like we are on a movie set for Indiana Jones... so cool.


 Our good camera is being repaired... all photos were taken with a little point and shoot... but with pretty good results!



 This spot actually was used in Tomb Raider... apparently Angelina Jolie ran through the root covered door behind us in the movie!  Gwen and I are wielding our guns.  :-)

 Faces everywhere in the Bayon Temple.



We're heading out this morning for more of this... can't wait!

9 comments:

park it said...

Awesome - I always want to visit there!!! love the pic of the family sitting amoung the ruins...

Happy referral day !!!

Anonymous said...

What a Rush! I have always marveled at the glory of this place. Your family has been given a true gift.

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Mary and Justin said...

How awesome! Just so beautiful. Hope you are all having a blast. Can't wait to see more pics! :)

Sarah Jane said...

REally, really cool. I would've thought movie makers had built it - looks fake.

Anonymous said...

amazing pictures! I can see why you are pinching yourselves! Mom

John, Cristi, Leah, Lauren & Kate said...

The picture of your whole family in that amazing place is just screaming...canvas! :) I loved seeing the pics! Cristi

Lynne said...

Cristi, I thought the same thing! Planning on it. :-) Now I just need a picture of where you have hung all your canvases in your new house!

Hazel's mom said...

What great places you're gotten to visit in the last few years - amazing! I think Cambodia may be the only country Eric didn't get to over there. Thanks for letting us see it through your lens!