Saturday, July 24, 2010

Garden Pics and a Few Blogging Thoughts

I mentioned the Cleveland Botanical Gardens in the last post, and I wanted to share these couple pictures I took the day we visited there last week that I am especially pleased with! This one below features Gwen running across the little footbridge, but its the amazing lushness of this part of the garden that I feel like I captured in this photo. Doesn't it look so cool and inviting? Looks like a place fairies might live, I think. :-) Click on it to enlarge, and you might find that you want to step into the photo yourself!
For the thoughts... I feel like I am in a bit of a blogging rut. Lots of photos but not anything unique to say about them, I guess! Summer in the US is a wonderful time for our family, but it has us out of our regular life. Perhaps that is part of my blogging block. Scott's gone back to Shanghai now and so I'm looking that direction myself.

Also, I've been hungrily reading the blog of college friends who are in China adopting right now and it has me thinking back to those days when we were waiting for Gwen and then traveling to get her. She was the reason I started this blog, wanting to keep people in the loop with what was happening in our adoption process. Then it was to chronicle our life in China. Now that Shanghai has been our home for three years, it seems I have less to write about daily life there. Not saying I am hanging it up, but I wonder if my blog outlived itself. Thinking about it tonight.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do consider this.. for what it's worth: Your blog has not outlived itself. You know I don't facebook... it you hang it up now, I may have to join! YIKES! Please tell me it isn't so! ~ Tracy

Unknown said...

Please don't quit! I love reading your blog!

Sarah Jane said...

Not.
I think you're right - your life if sort of in a holding pattern in the US, even though you're doing fun things. It'll pick up!

Rebecca said...

Dear You. I love this picture of the gardens and want to go there with you and our girls.

As for the blog, well, I'm with Tracy (though I am on facebook): I love checking in on your doings via these pages, even if you don't have a lot to say.

Thanks for posting and for writing, even if it feels slow to you.

Anonymous said...

Please blog. Your creative writings speak to my creative side too. Your musings help me get through tough time too. Your lovely photos keep me in touch and inspire me. I WISH I had your talents. I have and do enjoy your blog. What a book this can make!
Christie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures!! You have had so much practice with the camera, that your composition is perfect.

My favorite radio station (Classical in St. Louis) is gone, and I don't even want to think of my favorite blog disappearing too. Seeing God work in your lives makes us all stronger, and it's our link to you when you are so far away. I have learned a lot about China, too.

Jan in St. Louis

Jennifer J said...

please do not give up blogging. we would miss keeping up with the L's and all that you are doing! plus, i love the glimpses of China!