Thursday, July 29, 2010

Favorite From Today

Took some fun photos today, and among them a number of Madelyn. I think this one captures her personality really well, and I love her beautiful eyes and smile, too!

Tomorrow two of Gwen's China sisters arrive for a reunion this weekend, with the third coming on Saturday. This will be the first time all four of the Sichuan girls have been together since we left Guangzhou with our newly adopted daughters in December of 2005. Looking forward to seeing how they all interact. Will definitely have pictures of all the girls together to post!

Caleb is finishing up his second week of camp in Michigan tomorrow. His camp program includes 30+ hours a week of work in the kitchen, but he is among friends and has been looking forward to this time all year. We've not been able to hear anything from him while he's there, so I'm anxious to hear his stories!

We're just about a week our from heading back to Shanghai. Still some visits to have and things to do here, but looking forward to having our family back under our own roof. Scott has been hard at work in his new office in the World Financial Center in Shanghai for a week and a half, and is ready for some company at home besides the cats!

Thanks for the encouragement some of you left for me about blogging... I am grateful for your kind words! Truthfully, this is an outlet for me that I really enjoy and I would hate to give it up. Just don't want to be writing something irrelevant. :-)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sarah said...

What a beautiful picture of Madelyn. She looks so grown up!

Anne said...

Hi Lynne - i enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of your growing up family too! We will be at our lake house next week and it would be great to see you all for a little visit. If you have time, give me a call or text- 330-421-2171. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Rebecca said...

Lynne, Nothing about you will ever be irrelevant to me. But I think you know that, yes? :) Miss you.

Lynne said...

Anne,
Thanks so much for your comment and invitation to get together last week. It was our last week in the US and thus a whirlwind of activity in preparation for leaving. I would have loved to have visited with you! Hope you are well... I would love to see photos of your family. Do you have them posted anywhere, or could you email some to me?