Thursday, January 28, 2010

A No Good, Very Bad Day

Gwen got off the bus this afternoon looking quite down in the mouth.

"Mommy, I had a bad day."

She has never said this before, so I was really curious to hear what reason she would give.

I picked her up, and with bottom lip sticking way out, she said, "Teacher said she would give me a star if I spoke Chinese all day, but I forgot."

Ah, the trials of a child who is almost bilingual... maybe if I worked a little harder on my Chinese and practiced my extremely limited Mandarin vocabulary on her more often, it would help.

Poor girl. :-) She can try again for an English-free school day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

impressive problems for a 5 year old!

Anonymous said...

It truly is amazing how not getting the award can color our whole day! But I suppose she learned of the problem just before she came home! Mom