Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Few Photos From Christmas in Shanghai

We had our family Christmas celebration here in Shanghai on the Sunday morning before we left for the US on Friday. It's been tricky to make our family Christmas special and meaningful the last few years, when we've been in the process of preparing to leave the country for several weeks. I was really thankful for how it worked out this year, it seemed less rushed to do it almost a full week ahead of time.

Caleb hung out in this scarf from Seth and gloves from his stocking all morning, along with one of his favorite knit hats.
Seth gave good thank-you hugs to all!

Madelyn was super excited about the gift she had picked out for Scott... it was an orange striped tie with matching orange cuff links. Here she can't wait for him to get his first glimpse! If you look closely at Scott's left cheekbone, you'll see the matching yellowish bruise he got playing basketball a few days before.
Gwen watched intently while I opened her gift to me. Remember her Christmas shopping excursion at the 2 RMB store? She gave me not one, but two bead necklaces she bought on that trip. I wore the black one to church last Sunday. :-)
Gwen in her new Uggs... fake, of course!
One of my resolutions this year was to spend less time on the computer... thus my slowness in posting pictures. Maybe I'll have to take fewer pictures as well!

5 comments:

Mary and Justin said...

Also, one of my resolutions for this year... so I guess even less posting from our end.
Miss you guys!

park it said...

You just have to post wiser - from your iphone etc...while waiting on this or that... :-)
Always love to see pics - Happy New Year!!!

Sarah Jane said...

Yay! happy to see some more!

Sarah Jane said...

Yay! happy to see some more!

Rebecca said...

Well, I'm not sorry you chose to spend at least this much time on the computer, Lynne. Thanks for the lovely pictures. And thanks for chatting last night. Love you!