Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Little Family Magic

Guest posting by Seth

Hi, my name is Seth Liptak. In school, and at home - just fooling around - I've learned a lot about making movies and special effects. This is a short video I made while babysitting my sisters, Gwen and Madelyn. What I did is really quite simple, and I bet you will be able to figure it out. My intent isn't to fool you, just to amuse you.

It is amazing how easy it is to do these kinds of things on macbooks. Now, for old people (or PC users) like the people who are probably reading this, it might seem that these type of effects would take great skill and many hours to create, but believe it or not, this took me only a few minutes.

Now also, for most of the people who are reading this, I'm also going to be visiting you this Christmas. I would be glad to show any of you exactly how I made the video, I'm sure you will understand it, and maybe even want to convert from PC to mac! Uncle Justin and Aunt Mary, I know you guys have a mac. As a matter of fact the first time I EVER used, or even saw a mac was a day about four years ago after we had gone to the Ohio State vs. North Western football game. Afterward we went back to Mary and Justin's. They had a mac. That was my first time.

The next year we moved to Shanghai. I started school at an international school, a mac school. In every class 5th and 6th grade class room there are 9 iMac computers. Everyone in grades 7 and up have their own macbook computer. So as you can see I have been using macs pretty much every school day for the last 3 years. Making movies is a large fraction of the projects we've done on computers.

Well, my mac story is over, hope you liked the video.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth - we loved this and we amazed that it took you only minutes. Alex (8) and Grace (6) we laughing hysterically. I wish we were seeing you for Christmas so you could let us know how to do it! Yes, I am a Mac person too.
Christie in Az

sarah said...

I love it Seth!!! That's so fun!

Mary and Justin said...

Seth, this just may be my favorite thing I've seen online all year (I love Mad's hand motions and Gwen's pose as she reappears). Glad we could have some tiny influence on bringing you over to the Mac-side.

Can't wait to see you in a week, brotha!

J

Kayce said...

Very cool!! Love my Mac!!

Judith and Lance said...

Great job, Seth. I need a mac, however I wonder @ 30 if I qualify for the "too old" people you were referring to... hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Seth - what can I say! How cool! Grandma