Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chirstmas Baking

Can you read the only English on this bag of brown sugar? It says, "A woman in childbirth brown sugar". I thought for sure it must be another one of the many hilarious mistranslations we've seen, but when I asked my Mandarin teacher about it, and she read the Chinese characters, she said that this brown sugar must have extra minerals that make it healthier for pregnant women.

Really? I have to say I'm skeptical.

On a side note, I used the brown sugar to make gingersnaps last week, and it worked just fine.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ruth Buck said...

Enjoyed visiting with your dad on his brief visit in Phoenix last night. Was so good to see him and spend a little snipit of time with him. Am missing you all and pray that you have a blessed visit when you come to the states, and a wonderful Christmastime! Love you!

Rebecca said...

Ohmywordareyoukiddingme??? Of all the incongruencies in life! A woman in childbirth and brown sugar.

I have nothing else to say. Speechless. Struck Dumb.