Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gotcha Day 2009

December 12... Gotcha Day!

Can't believe it's been four years since this little girl in a puffy pink corduroy outfit, squeaky panda shoes, and a fish shaped hair clip walked into our lives. What a different life we would be leading if it hadn't been GWEN!

We had a a low-key day today as Gwen is a bit under the weather, with a hefty cough and intermittent fever. We did manage to enjoy her life book (mostly completed now but not quite) and have this fun beauty shop session. I had never put curlers in her hair, so she thought that was a big deal. While we were at it, she painted her toenails. :-)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer J said...

What a special day our Gotcha Day is!! I just love the spa day pictures! I'm almost afraid to show them to Kate :-) She's never had the curler treatment before. Hugs across the miles to you--what a privilege it was to share this day 4 years ago!

Mary and Justin said...

Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Gwen! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Gwen is such a pretty, sweet girl. Her smile exudes that she is in a loving family and has happiness all around her. God is so good! He knew just what Gwen needed in a family and brought her to you. That is a very fun idea to have a Gotcha Day. :) A friend of mine who has 2 adopted children has a special day every year on her kid's adoption days. My parents never did anything like that, and I was fine with it, but it is a very fun tradition. Chris and I are mulling over the idea of adoption. We shall see if God thinks that's a good idea as well. :)
Jacinda Ross

Rebecca said...

So glad you've got her!

Lana said...

Oh...I forgot Gotcha Day! Ah, this year has been far too distracting to me! I LOVE YOU!