Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Summer Drink

Starbucks is Starbucks, even in China. We take full advantage of this fact. Occasionally, however, Starbucks here in China has a few things on their menu that don't seem familiar (aka, American). Take, for instance, the mung bean scone. Something funny about that. Or the barbecued pork scone. I don't think these are on the menu in Seattle or Chicago.

I've thought that most of the drinks seem right, though, until recently. I noticed a poster in Starbucks featuring a new drink for summer. The poster read,

Coffee on Ice
Coffee in the Jelly
Jelly in Your Coffee

Hmmm... coffee and jelly... something isn't working for me here. I can picture coffee with toast and jelly, but not jelly IN my coffee. I read the fine print today and found out that the drink is a Coffee Jelly Frappachino.

I didn't order one. Would you?

5 comments:

Mary and Justin said...

I love coffee, but I really don't think I could do jelly in it!

Rebecca said...

Wow. What???

Laura said...

That sounds awful!!!

Mary Beth said...

Is that in China or in the US? I am sure it is like the Fat Straws and the Gelatin balls that goes in that. I would try it.

Anonymous said...

I've had pudding tea at one of my favorite bread stores here and it is my new favorite drink. A friend also introduced me to some Korean dessert places. We had bean curd custard and turtle shell gel dessert. It was all very tasty and I learned good for your skin and lowering the heat in your body. Maybe I can try the Starbucks for you.
Lisa