Friday, June 12, 2009

Do You Remember the Feeling?


SCHOOL IS OVER

School is over,
Oh, what fun!
Lessons finished,
Play begun.
Who'll run fastest,
You or I?
Who'll laugh loudest?
Let us try!

By Kate Greenaway


Madelyn copied this poem into her journal on the last day of school. In it's few simple lines, doesn't it capture the joy and freedom of summer for a child? Having finished my tenth year of homeschooling on Thursday, I still feel a bit of that freedom. We celebrated the first official day of summer vacation with homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast yesterday, and they turned out so delicious looking that I had to take a picture of them. :-) They were very yummy!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am hungry.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I'm betting they were as yummy as they are pretty!!

~ Tracy

Mary Beth said...

Are you back in the US? I haven't been able to post in over 1 month. Did you go back and backdate your postings? You will have to share the secret of how you have gotten postings on here since mid-May. This is a really good one, too. We are very excited that school is out for the summer in our world, too!

Sarah Jane said...

Its a reach, but I do remember the feeling. So relieved, so free, so unburdened.

Kristen said...

yay for summer vacation!

Laura said...

I'm drooling just looking at the picture!!