Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remote Posting

Here I sit, at a kiosk in the O'Hare airport, waiting for my flight home to Shanghai. I had a wonderful treat this weekend, a couple of days in the States, celebrating my dad's 70th birthday. I was able to come alone (bliss... uninterrupted movies and reading time on the plane, for 14 hours!) and surprise my family, walking into my parents' kitchen moments before they left for church. What a fun! It was definitely a gift, this trip. It temporarily shrunk the miles between us (7000 plus, I think) and allowed me to be a part of a milestone occasion for my dad. Now I am anxious to get back to Shanghai, as it will be Scott's birthday when I arrive.

Thanks, Babe, for making this trip happen for me and everyone it touched this weekend. You're the best.

3 comments:

Mary and Justin said...

That's so great that you were able to do this!

Happy Birthday to Scott!! We can't wait to see you all in about a month!

Anonymous said...

Lynne, how neat that you were able to post from the airport! I just called Carol on their way home and she said Paul had told them that you had a posting already!

It was such a wonderful weekend and your presence was the icing! Happy Birthday Scott! Love, Mom

Lana said...

Lynne, I miss you! I've been thinking of you lots - we drove to Hilton Head on Memorial Day. It is SO close - I can't wait to see you there next May. Good grief - that's a year from now! love you