Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, 2:28 PM

Yesterday afternoon the girls and I explored in this beautiful place. We had been out of the car only a few moments when a siren began to sound and all cars pulled over and honked their horns loud and long. Three minutes of this noise, all over Shanghai, to commemorate the earthquake that happened in the Sichuan province exactly one week ago. The girls and I stood still, as did the other people around us. Tears rolled down my face as I wondered at the beautiful place I was in and how it could be so, when utter devastation is not so far away. My China is lush and green and blooming. Not so in Sichuan. God have mercy.


My smiling Sichuan girl... Here is the great hope~

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21: 3,4

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Now neat that everyone knew to do that - I wouldn't think that would happen here. Gorgeous park!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What a gorgeous looking place... as for the earthquake... I still cannot fathom that... I think that I think more of that right now cause of the fact we are waiting our turn to come to go to China, well, waiting just for our referral (which I hope is this year)... take care