Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Far Away Family

My friend Jen, of Time For Mocha, just published a post on her blog wondering about her daughter Kate's birth family and how they fared in the earthquake.

Our daughters are both from the Sichuan province, where there is widespread devastion from yesterday's earthquake. We know their SWI was not damaged and there were no injuries, but of course we have no way of knowing about their birth families.

I just prayed with Gwen for her birth mom on Mother's Day... and part of my prayer was that Gwen and I would meet her birth mom in heaven...

I am wondering at my reaction to the earthquake news. It seems far away from Shanghai. I was pleased to hear that Gwen's orphanage was untouched... I didn't even think of her birth family until reading Jen's post.

I hope they are safe. I pray they know the Truth. I do so want to meet them someday, on the other side of this life.

2 comments:

park it said...

I am in tears - everytime I open cnn and read updates - it gets worse and worse...I figured you guys were fine - so very far away - (and I saw your posts). My heart is weaping for the families whose lives were changed in a few seconds...all the children...all the pain...all the devastation...the numbers keep going up and up...and here I sit - physically unaffected by something half a world away - but so mentally affected...

I too said a special prayer on Mother's day with K - but was so torn up when we said our prayers on Monday night...

There are no words for it...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What an awful thing to happen... such devastation... for everyone in China...