Friday, March 09, 2007

Hands

As I pondered pictures of hands for the Foto Fun Challenge (see Donna's blog, at http://2happy.typepad.com/double_happiness/2007/03/hands.html) this week, I found many that I thought I might use. But when I came to this one, I felt like it deserved a spot by itself.

This photo was taken last summer, when our family went to visit my grandmother, my only surviving grandparent, who is now 98 years old. It was the first time she and Gwen met. When I took this picture, Grandma was reading Gwen a story, cuddling her on her lap.

What a miracle, to see these two sets of hands together.

My grandma has been blessed with a miraculously long and healthy life. I consider it an amazing privilege that each of my children has gotten to spend time with her and be the recipient of her fervernt prayers to Almighty God on their behalf.

Gwen, by the will of God, was chosen for our family. Chosen to be in the family that has as their matriarch an aged woman, full of wisdom and fun and faith. What a miraculous road led them to be in the same room at the same time, having story time together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Donna said...

That actually made me gasp and hold back tears! How beautiful!!!

(still choking back tears!)

Donna

park it said...

I love that picture - I wish I had a picture like that of my grandmothers hands - Her hands had done many things: raised 3 kids, made hundrends of thousands of wonderful meals, gave hugs, mended booboos, cut grass, planted flowers, held her prayer book, prayed and finally lay across her heart.