Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Loving Those Words!

It's been so wonderful recently to hear Gwen saying "Love you" to us! Last night she went around the table at dinner. "Love you, Seth. Love you, Ca-yub", and so on. She even says it to our neighbors' puppy that the kids take out every day at lunch.. "Love you, Taz"!

I feel like I've waited a long time to hear those words, despite the fact that Gwen expresses love in so many other ways. She stops me to blow kisses to me now as I am leaving her room after putting her in bed. She gives great tight hugs, and loves to snuggle. She likes to hold hands when we're walking, even if it's just in the house. She is always happy to see us when we pick her up at the church nursery... she literally jumps up and down and screams with joy.

She doesn't say her "love you" all the time... despite the fact that the neighbors' puppy gets to hear it, she is still somewhat selective with what moments call for it. But I'm not complaining... I'll take those words whenever they come.

No comments: