Monday, September 04, 2006

One Week Down

All the kids together on the front porch before Caleb leaves for his first day of school.

Last week Caleb completed his first week ever of traditional school. As a seventh grader in school for the first time, I think he handled it well. Of course I don't really know exactly how things went, since he was away from home all day without me, but it sounds like it was a good thing. It was a good thing for me too... after schooling him at home for the past seven years, this was a new thing for me, to send him off for the day. He shared a lot about his days with me, as I asked strategic questions, but I know I didn't hear everything. One of the many reasons I've homeschooled the kids is that I like knowing everything that goes on in their days.

I think that maybe now I've grown up enough that it's okay if I don't know everything.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah, but it sure feels weird, don't it?

Anonymous said...

Come on Lynne. You are a mom, a wife, and a woman. There is no way that you don't know everything about everything. ;) By giving of your time and talents to teach your kids at home, you have given them a foundation upon which they will undoubtedly grow and produce much fruit. -Shann