Thursday, April 27, 2006

toenails

I painted Gwen's toenails for the first time today... you know us in the midwest, we're just coming into barefoot weather. She watched me paint Madelyn's first, and was quite interested. Madelyn had chosen a silvery blue, a color I've had for years and love on my own toes in summer. She picked it because she was wearing a blue dress today. :-) Gwen's turn was next, and we picked light pink for her. She sat on my lap while I painted her toes, and wiggled only a little. Her feet were already dusty black on the bottom from going barefoot on our blacktop driveway, but once the toenails were painted, she was hooked. All day long she held her little foot out to show whomever would look and said, "Pitty, pitty."

Girls know a good thing when they see it. And what girl doesn't like painted toenails in barefoot weather?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynne,

Thanks for taking us along on your adventures. Gwen looks so healthy, and it's obvious she is thriving on all that love. Soon she will be outgrowing her slacks. She is a blessed little girl; of course, you are all blessed! I can see how Madelyn is enjoying her.

Ah yes, toenails. I painted mine for Easter before I went to Paul and Ann's. You never get too old to enjoy bright toenails.

Jan
Uncle Ron's sister

Anonymous said...

How fun. What a milestone!! More color will be coming!