Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wishful Thinking

I wish everyone I know had a blog.

I've warned some of you that I was thinking about writing a post like this! :-) And I know blogging isn't something that everyone is interested in doing. But sometimes I can't help but feel like it's not fair that I write about bits of my life, but don't get in on yours. Oh, I know there are phone calls and all that, but somehow when things are recorded "on paper" as they happen, they take on a different quality.

Some of you have blogs, and I check them eagerly, many of them daily. Will there be a new post? Oh, not today. Or, yes! You've posted something new! What is it? What are you up to? What have you read, or seen, or photographed, or thought about, or heard from God? What have your children done? What cute outfit is your baby wearing today? Where are you going soon? What do you think about the movie you've just watched? Why is today a hard day for you?

I know you can't be completely honest and transparent in a blog. I know I'm not. After all, you don't know what stranger might read your thoughts. But a taste of life, here and there, just a sampling... that's what "Now We Are Six" is for me. Sometimes I put a nice, shiny finish on a day that you would see wasn't quite so sparkling if you had been privy to all the details. Sometimes I let you know that I was very anxious for my little one to be napping so I could have a break. Sometimes I tell you what great fun we had. Sometimes I tell you how very un-fun it was to be in the store too long with a restless child. It's a sampling of my life. Just a taste.

Could I taste yours too?

12 comments:

park it said...

I thought I was the only one that thought all persons should have a blog..such a wonderful way to see pics and little slices of life - and what is in their head on a given day/subject.
cdm

victoriap said...

i would love to have a blog. i so enjoy reading yours and keeping up with your family. now just move back to medina and teach me how to do it!
vikki

Sara J Cook said...

I will trade you a slice for a slice?!

Anonymous said...

I should have my own blog-I am on the computer so much! But, then I think-who would really want to read it amyways. Your blog is so much more interesting than mine would be!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice if I could spell!! It is anyways not amyways! Oh well.

Lynne said...

I would enjoy reading about the little bits of your days, Andrea! Even though it might not seem interesting to you, it would be to me because I'd love a peek into your life. :-) And Vikki, it's pretty easy to set a blog up. Just go to blogger.com and follow the prompts for setting up your own blog. If you do it, let me know!

Tracy said...

Thinking, and thinking and thinking about it. I am intrigued at the thought, can you tell? But will I feel the tight squeeze of having to produce? Will I, in the end feel an obligation to the blog? After all, I am bound by reading them! Surely it does seem unfair to almost "steal" daily knowledge from your life without giving in return to you, dear Lynne! We'll see!

Judith and Lance said...

Lynne - thanks for letting us into your life, I always enjoy your blog and hope that you get a bit of enjoyment from mine as well.
Love-
Judith
PS Please keep it up in China, it would be so disappointing to miss out on your experiences there!

Lana said...

I agree with Judith - keep us posted from China! It will be so nice to continue to get a windown into the life of the Liptaks! love you!

RamblingMother said...

I enjoy having a blog and having people stop for a chat. I enjoy reading the adjustments other folks make bringing their precious babes into the family.

Beverly

Linda K. said...

Lynne,I have been thinking about this since our extended family lives in other states!! Now, I have to come up with a name for my blog.....!?!

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes I put a nice, shiny finish on a day that you would see wasn't quite so sparkling if you had been privy to all the details."

Lynne, your quote above is good. I benefit from reading about your highlights of love and fun and growth. You have focused on the best stuff.

The little annoyances, the big annoyances we think we just can't stand, our pet peeves and disagreements are just blips on the screen. They are like fireflies that quickly light up and capture our attention completely but then disappear. With Jesus and His big eraser, the problems resolve or He uses them polish us! I'm not sparkling yet, but He continues to scrub and buff.

Philippians 4:8 (NIV) ... whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Jan W.