Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Breakfast Veggies

Yep, my sweet girl prepared breakfast in bed for me on Sunday morning.  Scott was on an early morning bike ride and the other kids were all sleeping.  She got up on her own and peeled and sliced a cucumber, put the slices on a plate, put the plate on a tray, and carried it all to my bedside.  What greater act of kindness could a mama ask for?  Glad my phone was right there so I could capture the moment. 

Guess you know now what Gwen's favorite food is.  :-)  After I took the picture I invited her to climb in bed with me for a cuddle and some breakfast veggies.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least she left out the tuna! Mom

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl! She is like her mommy, I think! ~n.

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed by this little girl.

Sarah Jane said...

Love it!

Rebecca said...

I'm a pretty picky what-I'll-eat-for-breakfast kind of girl, but in the ranks of all the things I wouldn't likely choose, cucumbers don't seem so bad.
She's a Darling. Love you, Gwen!

Kristen said...

That is just the sweetest!!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! And soooo thoughtful too! love you Gwenny! ~Aunt Jenna

Christoph said...

Your daughter is a real sweetheart, we have a daughter from the same welfare institute and I was gladly surprised to see in your blog that director Zhu still is in business. We met him 10 years ago during our adoption and I remember him as a very friendly and sweet man with a big heart for "his" children. I really would like to get in contact with you. We are going to Sichuan in march and we really want to meet director Zhu with our daughter.
It seemed you had a very nice trip.
I am pretty new in the blogworld and a suggest that you try it through my google profile