Sunday, September 04, 2011

Varsity Volleyball

Caleb and Seth are both on the varsity guys volleyball team this fall. Their season officially started on Saturday with a friendly three match tournament. It was pretty cool to have both boys on the same team! Caleb naturally got more playing time as a senior, but Seth held his own and definitely contributed when he was on the court. In the picture below, they are both jumping for the block. Caleb is #7, Seth is #6.
I told my dad on the phone this morning that I think I'm a bit of a sports snob. Although I had moments where I enjoyed watching the boys compete in sports at younger ages, this level where they really know how to play and the skill level is high is so much more fun to watch! I guess that's why the pros can draw the crowds. :-)

Can't seem to get the hang of good sports photos... we keep trying, but with only fair results. Perhaps if I knew my camera better, the pictures would be better. It's times like the tournament on Saturday that I really wish we were near our families so they could share a day like that with us. Our photographs just don't do it justice. Such a fun, exciting atmosphere, lots of families there, all cheering for our guys together. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wish we could see this also! How great that they can play together! mom

Anonymous said...

we wish we were there! Dad

Mary and Justin said...

Oh, so wish we could be there to see them play!