Sunday, September 18, 2011

Trigger

The requests for a dog have been going on in our family for more than a decade.  We've always had good reasons for saying no.  Living in China for the past four plus years has seemed to be a very good reason, with traveling back to the States at Christmas and summer... how could we possibly have a dog?   Madelyn has wanted a dog, but Caleb has been the one who has felt the lack of a canine companion the most.  At this point, with only one school year left at home for him, I had kind of written off his desire as one that would be realized when he was on his own.

Enter Trigger.  A friend offered her to us, with all her paraphenalia.  He had two dogs and could only keep one.  It happens that this dog he was giving up is the one breed I have considered over the years (Cavelier King Charles Spaniel).  She was a year old in June.  She is the quietest dog I have ever encountered, a big plus for me.  She is cute and sweet and incredibly friendly.  She had another name, a girl name... but Caleb's dream dog name has been Trigger for years, he says, and since by virtue of his age he has longed for a dog the greatest length of time, we gave him naming rights.

We broke our camera twelve hours after Trigger came home with us... but I'm sure we'll find a way to take more photos of our newest family member.   :-)


P.S.  The cats are a little freaked out right now- in fact, as I was thumbing through my closet to dress for church this afternoon, I was surprised to see Percy's yellow eyes staring out at me from behind the clothes.  Hoping they adjust quickly.   

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Trigger is adorable! I'm happy for all of you.

Jason and Lisa said...

Did you see our new dog on my facebook page. Let me know how having a dog and in China plays out. Lisa

Anonymous said...

So happy the request for the dog has become a reality!! To my grandchildren you patience paid off. I love the name Trigger, Caleb. Trigger is cute but the beautiful picture of Madelyn warms my heart because you can see in her eyes her desire for a dog has down been answer.

Nannie

Mary and Justin said...

Yay, Trigger! Can't wait for you to meet Ace!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Trigger Marie is a doll! Mom

sarah said...

hurray hurray hurray! I love her! can't wait to meet her! :) :) :)

Sarah Jane said...

Uncle Shann suggests the full name of Triggerella. She is super cute.

Jennifer J said...

very, very cute dog. You do know what's next don't you? Your daughter will be asking for a horse. The animals only get bigger after this...no more asking for guppies or hamsters...