Monday, April 11, 2011

First Month

Madelyn has had a cell phone for about a month and a half. Scott got the first bill from her phone a few days ago... how many texts do you think a 5th grader can send in 30 days?

510. Yep, that's five hundred and ten separate text messages. In thirty days.

Now fortunately texting is super cheap, equivalent to about a penny per text. So it's not about the money. No, more about how are we spending our time? And wouldn't it really be more efficient to just CALL the person with whom you want to converse?

But then again, I think I may also be guilty on this count of over texting. Probably best for me to stop talking about it.

Maybe I'll just text you.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Cute! Love your play on "words"!!!

Anonymous said...

that is AMAZING! Mom

Jennifer J said...

If Kate grows up to text as much as she talks, we are in serious trouble!

Sarah Jane said...

I must confess I got out my calcultor to figure out how many per day!

Lynne said...

i never realized it!!!!

-madelyn

Anonymous said...

Consider yourself lucky! Many of my 8th grade students boast of averaging between 10,000 to 20,000 a texts a month. I shouldn't be surprised when they do not get their homework done.

Cousin Paul

Anonymous said...

Very clever post, Lynne. But wow, Miss Madelyn. That's impressive....

Mary and Justin said...

Impressive Madelyn! :)