Monday, February 28, 2011

Sights in Hangzhou

A few more photos from the day Tamara and I spent in Hangzhou last week~ below is one of the rooftops from the Lingyin Temple and monastary. Love the bright color!
Double stacked bird cages, each with a little bitty bird inside


Pathway leading to the entrance to Lingyin Temple and monastary
Sculptures in the grottoes at Feilai Peak- ancient art from the Song Dynasty
I loved how these sculptures seemed to be part of the rocks and forest around them... hidden away in the woods!
Tamara and I wondered if this could be the skeleton of some ancient serpent...!
This is the largest of the sculptures on Feilai Peak (translated means Peak That Flew Here). It is nine meters long!
What does this oddly shaped tree make you think of? Tam and I both had the same thought about it.
Famous chicken dish for lunch... chicken roasted in lotus leaves for many hours.



By West Lake
Andrew and Jenna and their girls are coming to see us in April... hoping these photos get you guys excited about your trip! We'd love to spend a couple of days in Hangzhou with you during your visit. :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful place to visit! What beautiful scenes! Mom

Jennifer J said...

lovely pictures, Lynne.

Sarah Jane said...

beautiful pictures! I think Tam looks like me in the picture at lunch. And the tree...a lady with her legs crossed...?

Monica said...

The tree looks like someone crossing their legs trying not to pee......beautiful pics of a beautiful place....thanks

T,V, W,I and G said...

these pics are AMAZING... makes me want to book a flight!

Mark said...

Wow, I love the little buddha sitting by himself in his own little hut in the woods. The serpent skeleton, was that a giant vine?