Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In the Mist at West Lake

My cousin Tamara is here with me this week... a wonderful treat! Today the two of us took off from Shanghai and headed to Hangzhou on the train. It was quite smoggy this morning, but it made for some striking photos around the lake. This picture, which I took in the late morning, appears to be black and white but it is really just the effect of the air quality! I love it! Despite the smog in the morning, it turned out to be a lovely, warm day and we thoroughly enjoyed the springlike weather and the chance to enjoy it in a natural area.

More pictures from Hangzhou to come... although I'm hoping my next post might be of our new niece or nephew, hopefully arriving "on the outside" in the next few hours!

4 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Tell Tamara "Hi!" I have thought of her often and wondered how things have been in her part of the world.

sarah said...

That picture is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Would love to have seen the two of you enjoying the sights! What an idyllic view! Mom

Tracy said...

So beautiful! Wonderful to see God's beauty displayed in so many unique ways! I've been checking both yours and Justin and Mary's sights... waiting for baby news?