Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big Brothers, Little Sibs

Caleb and Gwen, Austin and Jason

Last weekend a number of the families in our church small group spent a couple of nights in a beautiful, remote area a few hours south of Shanghai called Moganshan. It is heavily wooded with bamboo, and there are also many tea fields. It was a misty, rainy weekend, but we enjoyed hiking through the hills all around us.

Caleb and his friend Austin did a bit of toting of their little sibs on our hikes, although Gwen loves to be in the lead and often ran ahead of our whole group of 20+ people, leading us all on our strenuous up-and-downhill treks. :-)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in awe. Your children are SOO grown up! I really want you to know what a blessing your blog is, and how beautiful your family is. I discovered your blog about four years ago when I began my china adoption journey. With a LID of 4/5/06, I found your blog just after you got home with your gorgeous daughter. I read often for a long time, and then occassionally would drop in and catch up. I think I even posted once about your camera, and you were kind enough to write back. I havent been on your blog in a long time. Ive been busy. After four long years of waiting, we brought our daughter home from China. Jasmine has been home a month now, and we love her dearly. She has two big brothers and a big sister, so we are a family of 6 just like you!) I am so greatful to you, and people like you, who blog their lives and help keep all of those left waiting in this awful backlog inspired and committed to this journey. It is worth it. And you have helped me, a stranger, and I am sure other strangers. So Thank you.