Friday, April 23, 2010

Justin's Snack

Justin, Mary and I had a great time today exploring the labyrinth of little alleyways that make up one of old style local housing areas. Lots of laundry out to dry everywhere on one of the first sunny days this week, people talking in doorways, women comparing progress on knitting projects, children playing. I love be a part of this, of course only as an observer, but it's so neat to see what is probably a disappearing way of life.

We also decided to plunge into the street food scene and each pick something to share for our noon meal. We started out with Justin's choice of an appetizer... not sure how well you can see in this photo, but it's a whole duck head. I have to say that not much eating happened. Justin took a few tenative nibbles, I barely licked it, and Mary wisely chose to abstain. It was served cold and was quite spicy. After we took a few pictures, Justin offered the duck head to a few locals, but finding no takers, it went in the trash.

Quack.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you found people to share food with, even with your lick germs on it!:)
Lisa

T,V, W,I and G said...

good choice Mary =). I would have been right with her. =)

Jodi Leal said...

Justin has been hanging out with Andrew Zimmern too long. I doubt you get that show there, but he is the host of Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel. All I can say is "EEEWWW"!

J, H, A, M and O said...

That is very gross (and sad for the little duck).