Saturday, February 06, 2010

I've been wanting to take a picture like this...

...since we've lived here! It is a fairly common site where we live, these bicycle carts loaded with impossibly large loads of styrofoam or empty bottles for recycling, but I've rarely seen one when I had my camera with me. Today as I was walking back from Concordia with the girls, we saw this one coming from a ways down the street. I had the camera because we had come from a basketball game, so I stood the girls on the far side of the street and ran back to the middle of the street for a good shot.
There is a famous photographer here in China, known for capturing shots of daily life, who has a well-known print very similar to this one... his is of a load of empty bottles, but is a similar size load to my photo. I'm pretty pleased to have captured this China scene with my own camera!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

We're all very glad you got the shot also... thanks for the laugh! What a remarkable sight!!

The Kneebusch's

Donna said...

Holey Schmoly! That's quite a load! Great shot!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Hopefully the rider was ok with your taking these shots! Mom

Anonymous said...

The might be the biggest I have ever seen too!

Mary and Justin said...

What a great picture!