Friday, November 13, 2009

State of the Union

This morning we had homeschool co-op at our house. The older kids were doing a writing workshop today, so I was entertaining the younger ones. Towards the end of the morning, I got out a snack for the little girls and put on a "Wee Sing America" cd for them to listen to while they ate. Interspersed between the patriotic songs are quotes from famous Americans. One of them was JFK's famous line from his inaugural address, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

After the quote was spoken on the cd, Anna, who is six years old, looked at me and solemnly said, "It's the opposite now."

Out of the mouths of babes.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Wow! I am speechless.

Hazel's mom said...

I agree. Wow and speechless. And I love your new page design and photo at the top!

Mary Beth said...

Wow. That is making me speechless, too. BTW - your pics came out AWESOME!

Lana said...

Lynne, I haven't read blogs in SO long...and have MUCH catching up to do on yours! But - WOW -the family pic is so, so, so awesome! I miss you. Almost called you yesterday - but it was 1 am your time. Love you

Anonymous said...

Jason said, "Out of the mouth of Bill." I told them about it and Xena just laughed and pointed to Bill. See how our beliefs impress our children.
Lisa