Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Boost

I've been wearing my glasses the last few days due to a problem with my eye... as a contact lense wearer for the last 25 years, wearing glasses full time is never fun for me. They bother me after just a couple of hours... my ears and nose both feel irritated where the glasses rest on them. Just not feeling up to par when I have them on. And although I have fairly new and updated glasses that I basically like the look of, I just don't love how I look when I have them on. Not my most confident, certainly.

So after my two days of glasses wearing, tonight in her bedtime prayer, Gwen said, "Thank you that Mommy is so pretty and beautiful."

Ahhh. I'll take that any time, but it's especially nice to hear when I've been feeling anything but that.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You ARE so pretty and beautiful. Glasses or no.

park it said...

ahhhh what a sweetie - Pretty mommy - pretty lady..

(and I second the motion - my eyes ache when I wer my glasses -kinda weird - if I only had the courage to get lasik...)
of course at this age, I would then need reading glasses..hahaha

Anonymous said...

Lynn if you were wearing glasses i did not notice....(and I have seen you quite a bit as of late.) You are pretty enough to pull it off. My niece Gwenn is such the doll. I was so happy to see our girls together again.

Uncle Andrew

Sarah Jane said...

And especially from someone who wouldn't tell you so if she didn't mean it!

Mary and Justin said...

she speaks the truth :)