Friday, July 24, 2009

Blue, Green and A Creek

 
Last Saturday the kids and I joined Pa and Nanny and Uncle Justin and Aunt Mary for a walk in the woods, in the Metroparks area.  It was a beautiful, clear day.  As we walked through the woods I remarked to Mary that I never realized how much I love being in the woods until I was away from it.  The house I grew up in had a backyard that ended in woods, and everywhere we have lived up until Shanghai has had wonderful parks with forested areas that I took full advantage of.  If things were getting crazy in our house, I would take the kids for a walk in the woods.  Sticks provide so much fodder for the imagination... what child doesn't have fun in the woods?  

So anyway, last Saturday's walk was lovely.  It was even better that it ended by the water, with plenty of stones to throw.  Ahhh.  I could have stayed all day.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: