Thursday, February 21, 2008

Costumed Pictures in Yu Garden


Yesterday when the girls and I were at Yuyuan, we went into the garden proper for the first time. It is a beautiful Chinese style, walled garden with all sorts of rockery, small caves, pagodas, ponds, etc, similar to the style of gardens in Suzhou. We enjoyed poking around in it, especially because it wasn't crowded with people like the rest of Yuyuan. We stumbled upon this spot where they had traditional Chinese costumes to rent for pictures. The girls were very excited to to this... and I had lots of fun taking their pictures in different poses in the garden.


We love these big hats!




I would have enjoyed wearing a costume too, but then who would have taken my picture?! A young Chinese student asked me if she could take some pictures of the girls with her camera, and then offered to take one on mine of all three of us. Maybe when Mark and Mindy come we should all get costumes... do you think I will be able to get the guys to do it?!



No comments: