Saturday, December 15, 2007

More Hangzhou

Seven centuries ago, Marco Polo pronounced Hangzhou "the finest, most splendid city in the world... where so many pleasures may be found that one fancies oneself to be in Paradise."

I think the modern day city of Hangzhou is fairly ordinary, but the beauty of the lake and mountains surrounding it were surely beautiful. We so look forward to going back and exploring Hangzhou further... who will join us?!

I loved the color of this tree we saw by West Lake! I really missed the beautiful fall colors this year that we normally experience in the Midwest. There are still many trees (I use many loosely, as there aren't really many trees overall... we live in the city, after all!) in Shanghai that are fully green~ I don't know when their leaves will fall! Some trees have lost their leaves here, but not with the flaming colors of the maple trees I am accustomed to.
Strolling along the causeway.
Scott and the girls posing under this cool archway... I waited and waited, but these other people would not move out of the way!




No comments: