Thursday, August 10, 2006

Toothpaste

Yes, there is still a tube of toothpaste in our house that was purchased in China. You might assume that we do not brush very often, to still have a half-used tube of toothpaste that was purchased just about eight months ago lurking in the bathroom drawer.


First of all let me point out that I am a very fastidious toothbrusher. I could never, ever go to bed without brushing, and I brush after every meal on top of that. I brush long and well. My dentist has told me on several occasions that my mouth is a model of oral hygiene.

Second of all, I must point out that I found this toothpaste in the drawer in the kids' bathroom, not in mine. In the master bathroom there is usually only one tube in the drawer, possibly two if Scott has gotten impatient with the old tube and gotten out a fresh one, while I continue to toil along with the dregs of the old one.

But in the kids' bathroom, where I found the Crest that had been purchased in China, there were no less than seven (!!) tubes of toothpaste. All are partially used. There is a tube of Curious George Reach toothpaste, banana berry flavored. That was a fairly recent purchase. There is an Oral-B Winnie the Pooh tube, berry bubble flavored, that squeezes out fun shapes. I don't recall ever being able to recognize the shapes, though. There is a tube of Colgate vanilla mint. I got that one for myself, thinking that I would really enjoy that flavor. Not sure how it ended up in the kids' drawer. There is a tube of Aim Whitening Mint Gel. This one I know we accidentally brought home from Scott's parents the last time we were there visiting. Two more~ A Crest tarter protection whitening paste that is nearly gone, and the other is a Colgate Total.

Whew. I guess I need to reach into the back of the kids' toothbrush drawer a little more often. But I'm glad the Chinese Crest is still hanging around. It reminds me that we actually did make that amazing trip around the world to get our little girl. As if her sweet face every morning isn't reminder enough!

No comments: