Monday, June 12, 2006

Six months and one day

So this is a picture of Gwen and I last December, about 30 minutes after we first laid eyes on each other. Amazing. Amazing that it has already been six months, and amazing that it's only been six months. This little black haired girl is so much a part of us that we can hardly remember what we did without her! I think she feels very much a part of us, too. A new thing she has been saying seems to illustrate this point. She'll be with me and point to Scott, saying, "Mommy, my daddy." I answer her, "Yes Gwen, that's your daddy." She does this with all of us, and it reminds me of a dream I had a little over a year ago, before we had even seen her picture. In the dream I was holding her and she was saying of me to someone else, "That's my mommy." Everything seems to be hers these days, there are lots of "mys" being tossed around, but I'm so pleased and reassured that she seems to really know that we are hers!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

It is amazing!!!!

Gwen is beautiful as well as the rest of your family!