Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mostly Complimentary

As she watched me peel an orange this evening, Gwen commented that she though I was talented. I asked her what she thought my talents are, ready for anything.  Want to guess what she said?

Changing diapers was her first and quick response... odd, since we have had no one in our house wearing diapers since she was a toddler, aside from the occasional Baobei baby, and I may have changed only half a dozen in her sight in the last year.  I do have experience in this area, but I'm not thinking I would claim it if I were listing my talents. Next on the list was peeling oranges with a knife, point well taken as that is something she cannot do yet herself.  Third- washing dishes.  Glad she approves of my skills in this area.  My fourth talent she noted as singing.  That made me smile.  I have sung many little ditties around the house in these child rearing years, a habit my mother passed firmly down to me.  Any little thing can be a song, right?  This week Gwen and I have been singing the names of the 13 original American colonies, to the tune of "Yankee Doodle".  Guess that counts as talented singing.

My last talent on Gwen's short list was "pretty-ness."  I'll take that one.  :-)

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Love it. :)

Rebecca said...

You are Very Talented at being pretty. Very. And also peeling oranges. And the other things.

So Cute.

Anonymous said...

Look for a Tupperware (or similar)orange peeler. You can score it downward from the navel, then lift it off in sections with the opposite end. What a time saver, but it doesn't take any talent. :)
Jan in St. Louis

Anonymous said...

Fun post! Loved it! Mom